For many of us it’s the most anticipated part of our day, our first cup of coffee, which is encouraging enough to whip ourselves out of bed and take on the new day with great anticipation. Scientists have now discovered that coffee has many more benefits than expected. We explore a few tantalizing theories:
Top 5 Reasons to Keep Drinking Coffee
- Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia risk are reduced. There were studies done with light to moderate drinkers, and the results were those that drank coffee moderately which were about 3 to 4 cups a day had a significantly less chance to get Alzheimer or Dementia.
- Strokes and Ischemic and Subarachnoid Hemorrhages has been researched to be lower than those that do not drink coffee; the reduction is about 15 to 16 percent. The antioxidants from coffee is said to shield or provide protection to the brain’s blood vessel from certain cholesterol and preventing the person to develop blood clot in the brain. Although hemorrhagic strokes did not reduce with any amount of coffee consumed.
- Heart Diseases and Cardiovascular Diseases are reduced by about 23 percent when drinking about 2 to 3 cups of coffee a day. Although the caffeine increases the blood pressure it did not post any risk of increasing cardiovascular diseases. Coffee is supposed to help with endurance and also helps block out pain. Whether for exercises or video games, caffeine has proven its worth. Those that drink coffee regularly may need more as they will most likely burn out before those that do not normally drink.
- Diabetes is reduced by almost 50 percent with a consumption of about four cups a day and each additional cup is supposed to add about another seven percent. Coffee has a component which exhibits an inhibitory affect on toxic HIAPP(human islet amyloid polypeptide) formation which is found usually in the pancreas. The HIAPP is found in people with type II diabetes, it was suggested that the HIAPP is connected to the loss of insulin secretion and Beta-cells in type II diabetes. From research, each cup of coffee consumed daily will lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by 7 percent and additional cups are supposed to stack percentages.
- Liver Cancer and Cirrhosis, one of the products of caffeine is praxanthine, has been able to slow the growth of cell tissues in liver cancer, alcohol cirrhosis, and liver fibrosis.
We know about all the other benefits of coffee such as an increase in maintaining your attention span and good moods as well as reducing sensations of hunger. However you convince yourself that the amount of coffee you drink is justifiable, we say, “Keep Calm and Drink Coffee.”
Illy - A TRIBUTE TO FARMERS