It has taken me a long time to get around to reviewing the market. I really enjoy the place and tend to go every week. Whether I am there to meet friends or if I go alone I know that I will have a great time.
So lets look at the positives:
- The foods on display are varied and delicious
- The drinks are interesting and abundant
- The people are so interesting
- The location is excellent, with the beautiful beer garden on the roof
- The view of the city is lively and fun
and the negatives:
- Arriving and searching for a parking is the 7th circle of hell
- The Parking Meter people are assholes, who's very mothers loath as they ask for R8 an hour to park on a saturday
- The food is outrageously expensive
- The drinks ditto
- finding a seat in the beer garden, not so easy
- The design area of the market in the upstairs area is gloomy and lacks flow. Said designers only have objects to purchase from about R30 000 so its not really a impulse buy atmosphere .... in a market.
So, the balance of pros and cons.
- If you hate finding a parking and paying a meter maid, get a taxi. or just dodge the fuckers
- I dont mind paying for quality. Whether thats food or drink
- I like that the beer garden is busy, I like that atmosphere of "Lets hang out!"
- the design area ... I stand by that con.
I love the market, go to it. Eat, Drink, be merry.