10 Winter Skin Care Tips
The weather outside may be unsightly, but your skin doesn't have to be. How to banish dry skin and give your winter skin care regimen a boost.
1. Invest in a moisturiser with more ‘muscle’. Your winter moisturiser needs to provide more nourishment to your skin. (Intensive Moisture Balance or Super Rich Repair).
2. Protect your skin against the harsh environment with products containing Shea Butter and Silicones. These ingredients provide a protective film over your skin, keeping your vital moisture inside, preventing dehydration. (Barrier Repair).
3. Wear a sun protection factor during winter (daily) as the damaging UVA rays are still around causing wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and skin cancer. Use a minimum of SPF15 for adequate protection. (Solar Defence Booster SPF30).
4. Increase your masking from once a week to 2-3 times a week. This will keep the barrier protection of your skin in place, preventing skin sensitivity (redness, stinging and burning). (Skin Hydrating Masque or MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque).
5. Don’t forget to nourish the delicate skin around your eyes. The skin here is much thinner and needs more protection from the dry, cold environment. (Intensive Eye Repair).
6. There is nothing worse than a dull, over moisturised skin, so exfoliate as per normal to remove the dead skin cells. If you don’t exfoliate at all your skin will feel dry as the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin will prevent your moisturiser from penetrating the skin. (Daily Resurfacer).
7. Add a booster or serum to your normal skin care routine to ‘boost’ your skin during the winter time. This type of product will penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin leading to a healthier skin appearance.
8. Just because you are covering your body with layers of clothing doesn’t take away from the fact that this skin is also drier than normal. Make sure you exfoliate your body at least once a week and apply a rich body cream daily. (UltraRich).
9. During winter we tend to drink more tea and coffee for warmth and we drink less plain water, for this reason our bodies will become dehydrated which in turn will eventually affect skin hydration. When choosing a booster or serum, invest in one that will increase your skin hydration. (Skin Hydrating Booster)
10. Ensure you book your professional skin treatment at least once a month to enhance your homecare routine. During this treatment your skin professional will ensure that your homecare offers you the needed protection, but she will also use machines and more active products to really change your skin and making winter more bearable.
By Sonette Donker - Communications Manager - Dermalogica South Africa.
Neofundi is giving away 2 Dermalogica Gift Hampers to members. All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog
Add a Comment