1. Big Mixed Cabochon-Style Stones-The last few seasons have been like jewellery on steroids. Not that we'll ever say no to a great statement necklace. But this spring, the Big idea that caught our eye was the use of giant Cabochon-style stones, à la Proenza Schouler and Bottega Veneta. Organic and elegant.
2. Tassels and fringe- Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Dior all seemed to have an Art Deco-meets-'70s moment with the re-imagining of huge, gorgeous tassel earrings and fringe necklaces. We like, and this is one we'll be wearing.
3. Clean & Architectural-Perhaps as a back-lash to all the mixed piled-on pearls, chains, and stones that continue to fill boutiques, Pamela Love, Giles & Brother, and other designers opted for super spare, clean, and almost architectural pieces. And for the OCD or easily distracted, the simplicity is nothing short of refreshing.
4. Plastics & Perspex-The trend toward really childlike, whimsical jewels with a '60s feel always has a place in our wardrobes. So, for spring, we were doubly excited when designers like Karen Walker and Marni turned out fun plastic-fantastic necklaces and wide perspex-like colored cuff bracelets.
5. Rose-Gold-In fashion, it's always a guessing game each season as to who in the metals will prevail: silver or gold? Well, for spring, the more exotic rose-gold is stealing center-stage, with a striking necklace by Eddie Borgo and a surprisingly sophisticated Michael Kors watch taking top honours on our spring/summer wish-list.
You might also like:
Add a Comment